Old June 1st, 2002, 05:02 AM

Corporal

Rich is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by Pak40:
quote:
Originally posted by Rich:
I don't think they're strange questions. I don't like cd copy protection and was wondering if this game has it. I like the game to come with a printed manual so I can read it and I like it to come in a box so I can put it on the shelf with the manual inside. And I would prefer going to the store instead of the mail. 101 was available in stores so I wondered about 82 also.

What I think is strange is I posted these questions more than a week ago and nobody from the company has bothered to respond. Since I am a multiple customer (War Machine and Runesword 2) I wonder about this lack of consideration.
Since you're a repeat customer, you should know that Shrapnel is not a big budget game developer. They develop niche games that don't create the revenue that the RTS and 3D games generate. Therefore, survival for them means to cut costs in some areas. Everything you're hoping for would mean that Shrapnel would lose money per unit sold.

If they sell it in stores, they don't make much money for each unit sold. If they design and produce a box, that's even more money lost. I have yet to see a Shrapnel game in a store, so don't count on it. Also, if it's not in stores then what's the point in making a box? If they don't use copy protection, that's even more money lost.

BTW, it will have a manual. It's on the website. Although it doesn't specifically say that it's a printed manual, I'll bet that it is.

You are absolutely wrong when you say everything. The two games I bought have no cd copy protection and come with a printed manual. 101, the predecessor to 82, came in a box and sold in stores. I'm seriously considering buying this game, depending on how the demo plays, and had some questions I was simply wondering about. But I'm totally dismayed that nobody from the company felt they were important enough to answer.