View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2005, 03:01 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,487 Times in 2,712 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SPMBT User Campaign - Silver Lions!

Quote:
Double_Deuce said:
ISSUES!

There are 2 known problems with the campaign. They do not cause problems with gameplay but they are there.
<SNIP>[*]When I set up the scenario template I accidently left the Soviet HQ loaded and during editing I deleted the carrying vehicle. This causes the Soviet HQ to never enter the battle (cannot be deployed). It may be that way in all 11 scenario's as I used the 1st scenario as the basis for all the others. The only effects it may cause are to the command functions of Soviet side command. If should not impact the US Side at all.[/list]
DD, I hate to be the one to pee on your boots but you've crippled the Russian AI side. You've chopped the top of the command structure for rallying for one and reduced the effectiveness of it's artillery becasue the top man in the chain of command is missing. You've also elliminated any chance of the Human player from killing the AI's commander and gaining the benifits of the gaining the victory points for the kill and disruption of the command structure that would give to the game

The game needs an A0 unit for the AI to work properly. You cannot know that "They do not cause problems with gameplay" becasue you've never played that campaign with the AI's A0 in place.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..