View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:15 PM

BANNED USER

c_of_red is on a distinguished road
Default Re: the best ways to use US Army against Russia

Be sneaky. Capitalist are sneaky, so their war making reflects that. Watch your ranges. Set the range so that you are not taking long range low percentage shots. If you have the CD version, use your op fire filters to set up your anti-armor units to fire only on the side or rear of those T-90's.
If you are doing PBEM, out-think your opponent. Set traps and lure him into a kill sack. If your opponent has 3 choices, make sure he chooses the one you want him to. It's called controlling the OODA loop or riding inside his cycle.
The main requirement for all of these tactics is information. You must win the data battle BEFORE you fight the kenetic battle. Buy cheap scouts and either turn off their weapons or set the range to zero. Get them to their zone and then don't move them any more often then 1 hex ever other turn. If you can see him and he can't see you, you will win. I don't care what sort of uber panzer he is driving wround in.
As the U.S. Marine Corps tells their grunts "Hunting tanks is fun and easy".

I have been on a unwanted sabbatical for the last several months. I now have a fresh install of 4.5 with 250 PBEM slots. I also have a legal requirement to keep a low profile for the rest of the year. So if you want, we can play, me as US and you as Russian. I will explain what I did AFTER I do it to you.
Then you can try to do it to me and learn the counter tactic.
Every weapon has a counter. Every counter has a weapon.
The ultimate weapon is surprise. It comes free with EVERY OOB. The counter to surprise is information. Most information is expensive, but some is free so long as you remember that no information IS information.