View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2010, 05:25 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs Finland II

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ver_est View Post
I am not an historian, but if I don't remember bad Germans didn't find any T-34 through the firsts months of Barbarossa.

Anyway if you get T-34 now, what will you use later ?

BTW If I were you I will be more concern about my infantry, Russian troops seems to route very fast as soon as someone shots them and German squads have good firepower and are supported by MGs. It can cause you a lot of troubles.

Roger.
My main interest in my armor is my infantry doesn't have any reliable integrated AT capability. The next battle my core fights will be their first with the Germans, but seventh overall. This means my general experience is as good, if not better, than the Germans I will meet. My troops don't run that quickly anymore. Tanks are always a problem with them, however since they don't have AT rifles or even Molotovs. They are more likely to run from enemy tanks than perform a successful or unsuccessful assault.

Thus, my concern about my tanks. Since my infantry can't deal with them, I have to do it with armored cars, tanks or antitank guns. I've only got two armored cars, seven medium tanks and two ATGs capable of destroying tanks. My tanks and armored cars have paper thin armor, by the way. T-34s would be nice but I'm shooting for as realistic as practical. I'll be much happier once my infantry is capable of dealing with tanks themselves. AT rifles should be available soon, but right it seems like the 12/39 Soviet infantry is still the best available in 6/41. I looked and there isn't any useful upgrade for my infantry right now, unless I upgrade my two engineers. Two out of three don't even have AT capability. I'll learn more after my first battle against the Germans, which is another delay. At least my ATGs should be able to shoot at tanks for a change.