View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2017, 01:16 PM

Private

Crueldwarf is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problems with the current Russian OOB (#11).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
That said if you are looking for a formation the AI will actually buy it needs to be one the picklist "knows" about so if you replace an existing formation you know the AI picks with this new one of yours, you need to make it work for the exact same time period as the old one or the AI will not use it and that means it has to work for any new equipment that formation might have available between it's start and end date and in the case of BTR-50's the BTR-50PA's end date is a 1964 that's the end of the 20 capacity units,
Well, current OOB already have an mech company available specifically between 1955-65. But in the default OOB it is the same as the generic mech company. And judging by the fact that it is one of the earlier formations in the list (do not have a game at hand currently, so cannot provide a precise number) it was probably one of the default ones.
So I think switching mech platoons to a leg platoons inside the company and adding a transport platoon should make AI buy it.

Also I plan to move BTR-50s into heavy APC unit class (it already have some BTR-152s) while keeping one model in tracked APCs for the compatibility sake. As I can understand OOB structure and its use changing classes (at least within clone ones) should not break anything.

Quote:
the BTR-50PK stays in service until 1967 but that in itself adds another wrinkle to your project as it has a capacity of 14 so if you are going to make a coy that only has the smaller number of carriers
This is by the way a mistake in the current OOB. 50PK have the same capacity as 50P - 20 dismounts. Its huge inside.

Picture from the manual.