View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2017, 06:54 PM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: War-related phrases ingame

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastava128 View Post
My German isn't the best, but I'd translate Bombardment screen as Bombardierung Bildschirm.

Order of Battle is literally Schlachtordnung, though I think a better word in this context would be Ausrüstungsnachweisung.
Do not worry about a single word. This is not a problem at all. But i appreciate your help, thanks Dude.

Bombardierungs Bildschirm, Feuerleitstelle, Artillerie u. Aufklärungs Unterstützung

They all would fit somehow. My only problem is that there are so many words and i need "support" in naming them "understandable for me". I am not a war professional. Afterwards i only must repeat the exact same word for the same thing. To not confuse the reader with different phrases of the same thing.

In my first attempt i took a passage of the Game Manual and begun to write. One sentence at a time. After i was done, i realized that i used different words for the same things. Normally i like to get synonyms for words. the much, the better. But for this purpose it isn't helpful at all.

In my second attempt, i tried to understand the whole, whole wtf superordinate statement? And came to the conclusion that although i love this game, know how to play, i don't find the right words to inspire someone. Don't know the right words to desribe it to you. maybe this way:

"Gefechtsfeldabriegelung" (to block a combat-field)

Those Phrases let me smell the Powder. That's wat i want, but i don't know much of these words. Probably it is best to first read a book about WW2. Beyond that I can not write what I want. Oh I do not know why I am whining around. It will already be. Perhaps all i have to do is watching a war movie?