Old September 29th, 2010, 12:02 PM

Private

WoodMan is on a distinguished road
Default EA Pictland, Way of the Wilderness v1.04

Original Post Replaced with Release Post

EA Pictland, Way of the Wilderness
current release v1.04 on 26th Oct 2010

v1.04 Update
  • Added +2 earth gems to Wolf Den site bringing the factions gem income inline with the vanilla nations (+6 per turn)

v1.03 Update
  • Painted Warrior: No longer starts with old age
  • Painted Warrior: Is now ambidextrous (was always meant to be, fixed typing error)

v1.02 Update
  • Pictland Howl spell level increased from 0 to 2
  • Windcall spell level increased from 0 to 1
  • Pictish Wail ATT reduced from - 2 to -4
  • Temple cost increased from 200 to the default 400
  • Minor change to nation description

v1.01 Update
  • Elder: Research increased from 1 to 4
  • Hag: Healing increased from 20 to 40
  • Wailing Woman: Pictish Wail now works as intended
  • Wind Hawk: HP upgraded by 2, Str upgraded by 1
  • Windcall: Number of summons increased from 8 to 10
  • Sacred Skulls: Description shortened, was too long

Mod Features
  • New Early Age Faction: Pictland
  • 28 New Units, Complete with New Sprites
  • 2 New Spells
  • A Few New Armors and Weapons

Sprite Preview
Contains all units, but not their attack poses

I'm proud to present my first mod EA Pictland, Way of the Wilderness for download.

The nation is loosely based on ancient Celts and the Picts from the Conan setting, but to be honest I had an idea in my head of what I wanted them to be like and just went with it. They are primitive wildsmen, at home in the woods and friendly with the animals (they have Wolf and Hawk allies). Below is the background taken from the in-game description.

Background
Pictland is a realm of hundreds of small clans each with their own unique history and customs. The Great Council, made up of the clan chieftains, meets on a seasonal basis to discuss matters of great importance. All Pictish clans share some common traits. Sacrifice and ritualistic burnings are practiced widely, farming and husbandry are almost non-existant and most clans survive by hunting and gathering or by raiding others. Picts are adept woodsmen, they live amongst the plants and the animals, when a Pict is silent and still they become one with the forest and even the animals pay them no heed. Most Picts do not wear any armor, but helmets are worn by important clansmen as a symbol of their authority. Picts fight with bows, spears, axes, clubs and crude hunting knives and paint their faces blue before going into battle. Pictish settlements are small villages, the largest of which are permanent while the smaller ones move with the seasons.

Final Words
I hope you enjoy the mod and go easy on me, its my first try
Attached Files
File Type: zip EA Pictland v1.04.zip (102.6 KB, 662 views)

Last edited by WoodMan; October 25th, 2010 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: v1.04 Update
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WoodMan For This Useful Post: