View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2003, 01:59 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lord of the rings module

Quote:
Originally posted by bearclaw:
Thanks. I haven't had the time to go through your Hack and Slash mod yet (although I have tried it a few times. Very nice indeed).
The hack and Slash Mod was done by Rollo, not by me. It's a great mod especially some of the new levels

Quote:

I've come across a new problem though, There is a set of fields in the XXXX_Tiles.txt file to set the connection type for the N,E,S,W sides of a tile. Are these not enabled? Because they don't seem to do what they are suppose to.

They should work. The mapgenerator uses these connection types when generating a map. It will make sure that a north connection that is set to one will conect to a south connection that is set to 1 on another tile, simmillar for other directions.

The mapgenerator will make mistakes When you only have a very small tiles.txt file, or when it can't find tiles with connection types it needs, in such cases it may place tiles on locations where they shouldn't be according to their connection types.

You may also want to double check that you didn't accidently set the connection types wrong.. happens a lot to me

Quote:

And another thing. I've done the Terrain and Tile files for the Starting Chamber map (where you choose which door to pass depending on your charcter) and Hobbiton. But in the Mapgen utility, I only have access to the Hobbiton Tile file instead of both of the one's I've got so far. Any suggestions?
Strange.. are you sure the file isn't misnamed? I think it has to end with _tiles.txt . Is the header section present in both the text files? (the section which has the lines about preset tile-locations etc)

Hope this helps..

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5