View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2007, 03:41 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any One Still Playing This Game?

Makinus said:
"Yep SEIV is, at least until now, a superior game strategy-wise compared with SEV... SEV have more graphical goodies, but i always prefer strategy against graphics..."

Strategy-wise, SE5 is actually better than SE4. It has more depth in fleet strategy setup, it has more strategic options in weapon damage types (esp. for clever modders), the slot layout actually makes ship design more strategic due to directional damage (past the armor layer, anyways), etc., etc., etc. The downside is the cumbersome UI and such; the strategy is all there, buried underneath.

Makinus said:[/i]
"And about hardware requirements, SEIV runs in nearly everything, while SEV chugs slowly even in the most upped up systems..."

Only if you put Vista on them... SEV runs really well on my 5.5 year old P4 box, even with the ATI radeon 9600pro I used to have in it. Sure you can't run it well on 12 year old boxes, but your statement was rather hyperbolic.. You can quite easily build a ~$300 (or less, even) PC that will run SEV like a champ.
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.