Thread: Scenario Urgent Fury I
View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2014, 08:06 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Urgent Fury I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
The "armor" ratings on aircraft are "Hit points" and "360 armor".
So by making them 24/5 you made it require 24 damage points to shoot them down and gave them an armor rating of 5 (1 better then a Mi-24 Hind).
The exercise, a two part one at that, was meant to simulate a Spectre flying at high altitude, beyond any real damage from the ZU or the ZPU. It works, as I speculated, the values may have been a tad bit too high, but not so unreasonable as the B-2 in the game.

I intended to strike the AA's with the Spectres, but they didn't directly attack the AA's. If a unit moves, the Spectres will get at it. If you move, it may lay friendly fire on your guy. So, I was thinking of having a unit move back and forward, to and fro from the AA units on a waypoint circuit of a no more than two hex, target the unit and see what the Spectres do.

I have not played a para drop in a long time, not since my PBEM days. Once again, I found this scenario, stimulating, and entertaining. BTW, Tomas, do your sources indicate the Ranger units that dropped on Point Salines?