Thread: Tough Scenarios
View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:26 PM

First Lieutenant

PhilD is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tough Scenarios

In the standard version, you have an Ogre, so it's pretty easy - use your Mystics to move him to the top right city on turn 1, and you can grab cities even before the AI has significant forces. I just replayed the scenario, and won on turn 7.

In the Legendary campaign, the Ogre becomes a Wyvern Rider, so you don't have as much hitting power. What you have to do is make full use of the regeneration power of the Wyvern Riders, and the Mystics to move them away from harm. The AI will buy Archangels as often as it can, and these are extra tough. Send a small force to the south to grab cities (Mystic, Raider and Wyvern Raider), the rest to the east. Using Mystics, you can have units on two cities on turn 1.

On turn 1, the AI will buy a Paladin. Move a Wyvern Rider to the northeast city: the AI will attack it and buy an Archangel. Thanks to the regeneration and the low movement of the Archangel, you can kill the Paladin without retaliation the Paladin. I just replayed the scenario, and won on turn 10, having only lost the Raiders (the AI bought 2 Archangels, but never more; I grabbed cities too fast for that).