View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2006, 12:21 PM

Sergeant

dirtywick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: great work

Quote:
Nerfix said:
I think you underestimate the Tengus. From my experience they are good on Hold and Attack.
I'd like them a lot more if I didn't have to use a lot of turns with my pretender to utilize them. Either he has to site search for air sites and summon them himself, or spend a lot of other gems alchemizing to air gems to empower someone else to do the site searching.

That's why I don't understand why the sacred troops are so difficult to summon. Most nations just get to buy them, here you have to build a pretender to do it or spend a ton of gems.

But anyway, they're not bad except their low protection tends to get them cooked. If they had more ammunition for their lightning bolts I'd probably make more use of them.

Quote:
And Turmoil for this nation is DEATH as this nation is very very very very very gold reliant! Order 3 is a must >_<!
I've actually had very good results most of the time. The tax collections/permantenly increase income are frequent enough most of the time to make up for the 21% as long as you can keep misfortune out of your provinces, and you get a lot of free gems too which is good because summoning onis can get expensive fast. Don't knock it 'til you try it, you might be surprised.

Quote:
The Dai-B archers *are really great* : for 4 res more than a sword-wielding one those guys scripted with "Hold & Attack" send 3 good-prec longbows volleys to advancing enemies - with Fire arrows it's deadly !- then they finish the work with no-dashis
Nice PDF! I didn't even think of that. I'll probably end up recruiting them exclusively and using them that way, there's really no downside.