View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2007, 06:35 PM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Questions regarding R\'lyeh Dreamlands

I am trying LE R'lyeh (Dreamlands) in SP. I haven't played much R'leh before, so I have several questions. I hope people well familiar with R'leh will be able to answer them.

1. What affects free R'leh spam? Is number of units spamed per turn in any given province in a direct correlation to the R'leh dominion strength in that province? So in province with dom 10 there are 10 times more spams than in dom 1? Or is it not such a direct correlation? (or perhaps no correlation at all?)

2. What affects types of unit spamed? Is it affected by the presence of the temple or a fort in the province? (as in case with Ermor) Is it affected by the geography of the province? (for example either coastal or landlocked province far from ocean)

3. Does the chance of the commander going insane depend on the strength of dominion? Does the (+insane) change to the "insanity icon" depend of the strength of dominion? Is the number "insane(N)" on unit's info is a percentage chance of unit acting on its own in any given turn?

4. Are units with high MR less likely to go insane?

5. Once unit is insane, it can start acting on its own. When it happens the unit's icon is "grayed out" and you can't change orders for the commander for this turn.

But as long as insane unit is *not* grayed out during your planning phase, will it always perform what you ask him to do during that turn? Or can it still disregard your orders after you give it to him and act on its own?

6. In Dom2 IIRC when you have too high summoning skill you can't summon Vastness anymore. Is it still the case with Dom3? If so, what is the "threshold"? Should you replace you summoner once it gets too high summoning skill?

7. How does summoning skill affects the type and number of the creatures you summon?

8. IIRC sometimes various void beings are spammed outside of your capital and its void gate. Is it true? If so, what affects the chance of them being spammed?

9. After you give your insane commander orders to build Lab or to forge an item or to cast a ritual spell, can they disregard their orders and do some insane thing instead? (naturally it assumes that you are able to give them orders, meaning they are not “grayed out”. Assuming for a moment that they can still disregard their orders and would do something different during the current turn, will you lose money and gems, or will it be reimbursed to you?

Thank you!