View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2005, 03:59 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Future Combat Systems ---- USA

Quote:
Listy said:
So that's a comand post, ambulance, Troop carrier and AT versions, plus a Recce version.

Mmh, already ambulance and CP are out of sight for this game heew:
Quote:

The ACAVP has a fox turret on it, so we can guess all thsoe spare fox turrets from the Sabre program will be lying around. The AT version will probaly either mount TOW, Swingfire or Javelin, I'd go with Javelin as it's an new program that's currently being brought, and it would help lower the logistics load on it's intended area of opperations.
The APC is faily easy.

Do you really think they will put the Fox turret on an ACAVP chassis? The thingis nearly 40 years old!
I gather the British MoD planners these days tend to be tight and have strange ideas, from what you told, but that pushing it quite far!

From the pics I saw the turret looked really Warrior-like to me. Then again, you may be in a better position to judge these things

What about the dnmaed TRACER thing? Are both program going to merge? They seem to be in nearly the same niche, and that's a bad thing for fundings!
Only one can survive

Look at this turreted version: the Warrior is still worth its weight, the MRAV is coming soon, so there is no need for a third IFV. Therefore the thing must be for recon. So basis metal from Fox turret with delirious optoelectrical sensors plugged in?
Quote:

The Other Version the Big gun tank destroyer.. Meh. I still don't think the hull will take something that huge.
Well, What about the MGS on a Piranha III hull? Seems to be working, except some rumors say better not fire 3 or 9 o'clock got to check that, there's been so much lobbying on that thing...

Hey, what about an ATGM version with TRIGAT-LR?
I heard the program was up and about at last!