View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2012, 08:23 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An idea about hull down position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
I dont know if it is possible to be done in this game, but I had an idea about how hull down positioning can be implemented in the game. If a vehicle moves slow ebough (1 hex/turn) and moves in a position of higher elevation than the one it occupied before and is being fired by an enemy in a position at the same or lower elevation than the newly occupied position, then the vehicle recieves a bonus in hull armor value, kinda like the same if it was a dug in vehicle. The bonus should be variable and it should be affected by the same stuff that affect vehicles IRL, for example a T72 should recieve a lower bonus than an Abrams, since its gun doesnt have such a low depression value...
I think alot of what you ask for is already modeled very well in the game.

A moving AFV will not get the full benefit of the terrian it is in when firing on the move there calculations like: how fast,elevation ect.

A stationary AFV gets some terrian benefit the turn after it stops moving,and increases if it stays still.

A hull down position is if the enemy unit can't get a hit on the hull,this can happen if you are in tall grass or in a depression or rough and have not moved for at least 1 turn.

You have to carefull when cresting a hill/ridge on the reverse slope though as that exposes the weaker under belly of the hull.
The Following User Says Thank You to gila For This Useful Post: