Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2017, 10:24 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Taiwan has been trying to get the M1 for almost 10yrs now w/o success. It would seem as far as the Chinese are concerned this would be a "deal breaker" in more ways then one. However it's in the air where Taiwan is making out with a major upgrade package I believe already started or soon to begin for their F-16's and Patriot systems. Naval side is also benefiting as well. For now armor is off the table for us, however, there have been rumors someone might fill that need instead of us. And I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the Middleeast either upfront or behind the scenes helps with those tank upgrades. I have it out here in a couple of threads but, I'd highly recommend you go to the Defense Industry Daily (DID) webside they have a continually updated article covering all aspects of Taiwan's weapons desires and actual acquisitions.

Regards,
Pat

Just went to DID, in the search box, type in "Taiwan" you want the second result "Taiwan's Force Modernization: The American Side." It'll bring you fully up to date as of 5 Sep. 2017 that includes all I've discussed above and more. The F-16 upgrade will bring their F-16A/B fighters up to the top of the line F-16V which is a 4th Gen ++ fighter inline with the GRIPEN NG. Told you China's not happy about this at all.

Not home on my PC and the wife's APPLE AYRE isn't letting me do what I want. I'm sure it's just operator error.

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 11th, 2017 at 10:44 PM..