View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2005, 04:32 PM

Private

Jim_Zabek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shrapnel to Take on Wargamer.com?

Thanks for the feedback Annette. It's well taken and I'll do my best to ensure that any such witty comments are reigned in, especially with regard to Shrapnel's titles. Aaron's comments about a 100 page manual putting the fear of God into you were intended to be humorous: many wargamers have seen lengthy manuals before and often relish the thought. Clearly the humor was lost in the context of the negative review.

And I appreciate you correcting me on the other games we recently reviewed; we have indeed reviewed several other of Shrapnel's games. I would hope you will see the fact that those others didn't immediately spring to mind helps illustrate the point that we (and I in particular) don't mentally categorize our reviews by publisher in our heads. They are written at face value.

I can understand your policy regarding not releasing code early. Send us what you can when you can. And don't forget to keep sending the free stuff - I'd still love to publish an AAR for Raging Tiger, or any other title. Just because we write a review on something doesn't make that the final word. An AAR would let readers have an even better look at the gameplay involved and help them make their own minds up.