View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2008, 03:58 PM

Major General

MaxWilson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Machaka – a sorcerer’s fevered arachnophobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
@Maxwilson - yes, but also keep in mind one of the big advantages Machaka has is dwarven hammers and everything needed to start making fever fetishes as soon as the very low hurdle of construction-2 is cleared. There are a couple ways to generate gems in dominons, from bloodstones and clams to sea kings. The compelling thing to me about this strategy is the efficiency and speed with which it comes out, and thus the ability to generate a large gem income by the point in the game small amounts of gems are very valuable. EA Argatha (or anybody else really) would almost never be able to crank out fever fetishes in the first year, and if we're talking about 10-15 produced in the first year, that's hundreds of extra gems by the end of year 3. Good suggestion on the blood hunting BTW.
Sure, for all the reasons you've outlined, Machaka is clearly the best at fever fetishing. I was just curious enough to crank the numbers to see how *much* better it is--that endgame you describe (hundreds of fire gems per turn) is attainable by anyone who can stand the micro and has access to nature gems, and you won't even know it until EA C'tis or Caelum starts slamming you with dozens of Phoenix Rods and a Flames From the Sky every turn.

-Max

Edit: to put it another way, I've never bothered with fetishing before but you've convinced me that maybe I should look into it even if I'm not playing Machaka.

["Memories of Ice", by Steven Erikson. Retranslated into l33t.]

Last edited by MaxWilson; December 27th, 2008 at 04:13 PM..