View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2006, 03:26 PM

Sergeant

UninspiredName is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mod: Blademaster Era

The idea behind the armblades is that A: it's much harder for the foe to stagger you or break your guard. Normal blades, since they're more extended and less, let's say fortified, can be knocked aside easier. Also B: that, due to the blade's 'back extension', it's much easier to block attacks to your sides. Think blocking with your arm, except it doesn't get hacked off. I will agree that the defense is much too high, though. I thought it would only actually count one of them. (My only past experience was with the Main Gauche of Parrying). Also, keep in mind that the stats for this weapon were based off the Katana (Grossly overpowered in my book), which means it, in fact, is clumsier. Probably not clumsier enough, though. And if its defense was any lower it wouldn't be any better a defensive choice than the Katana, except for a sort of cheat-y Ambidexterity bonus. Still, it definitely has too much defense.

Triple Katana... Yeah... I don't know how I got it in my head that would be easier to attack with. I would imagine it would be significantly easier to parry with, though, as the opponent's blade would be likely to get caught in-between your multiple ones. Unfortunately, that works the other way around as well.

The Wakizashi and Flail was based off the Kusari-gama, except I can't draw a Kama for the life of me.

The Sun Spear's stats were based off that of a Naginata (Like a glaive, except even tougher. They sort of overdid the japanese weapons.). I suppose that's not the best idea, considering the blade's really hard to cut with. Good call.

Ah, the Chaos Shield. I couldn't resist putting in at least one over-the-top one. Interestingly enough it gives less defense than the Arm Blades together, but they're overpowered too and I suppose it's put on top of a higher base defense.

I never thought of the Forge Magician as a Thug. He still goes down nigh-instantly to archers, fliers, or cavalry, and doesn't have much of a defense against any melee units that actually reach him. I don't see any "Elite stats", though, aside from two extra hit points and and militia-like attack and defense (Which might be pushing it), so I guess it would be the Flame Strike. I'll customize a new weapon instead of stealing from the Fire Elementals.

Thanks much for the feedback. I'll start a balance patch.