View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2005, 07:16 AM

Corporal

Pergite is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Recoilless Rifles

Quote:
PlasmaKrab said:
Depends on what you are talking about exactly. Tactical range is dealt with by both range and accuracy. So if the new RA-HEAT ammo goes up to 700m, you can rocket-assist as much as you like, that alone won't make it more accurate.
The RA ammo has a higher velocity which means a better trajectory. You dont have to lead moving target as much and the wind wont be such a big factor. All this will increase the accuracy.

Quote:

Besides, even now the CG is used in Germany to launch light flares (night sighting for Milan without TI). It is reported for ranges up to 2000m (Milan range).
In the game you have the same range for CGs firing HE rounds. Since this is a separate weapon I had assumed it was used in indirect fire, which is senseless for antitank.
The CG can be used in many roles, but SPMBT cant make differences in ranges for the weapon depending on ammo. It would then be the same thing for tanks that fire SABOT and HEAT but I guess they have averaged the range somehow.

The Ilum round for CG is gigantic and since you dont have to hit anything, I guess you can fire it quite far, but 2000 sounds a bit extreme. This because it deploys a parachute at some alitutude.

Quote:

But maybe the basic range of most CG versions can be brought up to maybe 1km or so, even if that would be a great blunder for AI and beginners, i.e. they'd fire much earlier for no result and give themselves away.
Yes it would be difficult to handle. I is hard to hit anything at those ranges so I think its better to just increase the range slightly from what its now. But maybe its worth doing some testing to see what works best.