Thread: Fed Up
View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2011, 03:20 PM

Private

usmcrave99 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fed Up

I think it's time everyone just gave up on the game and Malfador in general. Aaron didn't, wouldn't or couldn't fix the AI during Beta testing, despite being told a full month before release, see my email to him below.

Note on the subject, v.18 was followed by .19, .20, .21 & .22 prior to the release version.

Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:22 PM
To: 'Malfador Machinations'
Subject: WF V.18 AI

Aaron,

I've noticed this in all my v.18 games, single player only: The AI does not build cities. At all. Ever. Game is attached, just load it up and view the Nation Statistics. Two of the AI Players have Territory Values better than mine, but they have no credits and no units to speak of. They did manage to put me on the defensive for a while, as I'd over-extended, but they didn't build any cities and therefore couldn't match production long-term. I think someone else has mentioned this before, but they may not have emailed about it, just posted in the forum.

<< File: Game14.zip >>

Another thing: An option to Decommission or Upgrade facilities, and the ability to Upgrade units, to newer versions, after you research new levels, would be a good change. Since stacking Fabrication Complexes doesn't seem to give a bonus, you shouldn't have to keep the Level 1's around as all they do is take up space and supply, ableit not very much. Might also be helpful to create a separate Purchases menu for buildings, or just add a Setting where only the latest items are available for purchase, since after finishing all research items the window still gets cluttered, even with only Ground selected.

I think that's all for now...
The Following User Says Thank You to usmcrave99 For This Useful Post: