Thread: AAR Hammer and Anvil
View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2018, 01:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hammer and Anvil

Turns 1-5

My force is in motion. Soon, lead scout elements come under fire from position (1). It turns out I’m being spotted my Ukrainian BMDs. My artillery and tanks fire smoke rounds to conceal any advance by my forces. I do realize that I’m short on smoke rounds though.
My supporting group reaches (2) and trades shots with enemy BMDs. I lose two tanks, but I knock out one BMD. So far the exchange is not in my favor. However, they enable the main effort to each (3) unharmed. My scouts find more enemy BMDs at (4) as well.
My southern force moves as well. When they reach (5), they come under fire by a couple of BMDs at (6). I lose two tanks and two BTRs, but I knock out one BMD and the other runs out of missiles. I hope the advance will be easier now.
So far the first clashes are made and though my casualties were low, they were higher than the Ukrainians. The important thing though is to not lose speed. So far I haven’t been shelled by artillery or received any air strikes, which is definitely a good thing. I wonder how long this will remain though…
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: