View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AAR Enchanter & Burgmeister alliance

I am not starting very powerfully. Me, my apprentice, 10 swordsmen and 3 crossbowmen. My greatest asset is my Crystal Tower. It provides me with maximum defense, maximum range of view, the ability to recruit common mercenaries, and even a small income of 2 gold a month.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR3/GameStart.JPG

I do also own a Coal Mine which provides 1 gold and 1 iron a month. But eventually that will get used in Mello's Ritual of Mastery (if he manages to prove himself to me).

Nearby is a Hamlet with 2 human guards. I will send Mello with a few troops to lay claim to it.

There is also an Iron Mine nearby (2gp/2iron per month) but it is claimed by 5 dwarfs. They fly no flag but they are good fighters. I may wait a bit. There are also some small farms farther out. But I see wildlife roaming. Particularly a group of 7 Boars. It would take all of my forces to ensure a win, and that would leave my sites unguarded. I will just sit here for how building up funds. I see enough bones laying around to create a Necrotod if I can save enough gold for the process. I try to never pass up a chance to create a Necrotod.