Thread: Carrion Woods
View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:22 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Carrion Woods

Not particularly hard to dispel, it costs 50N to put up so you've got a 20 gem advantage on each dispel. Just thinking about what I would do if I was in a MP game and Carrion Woods Pangea looked like a threat...wait until all the global slots are filled then pile up whatever gem types I've got in abundance to cast whatever global seems good. Even better, pick a global advantageous to several nations (or just people worried about Pangea) and pool the gems from interested parties. Simultaneously dispel Carrion Woods and drop your powered up global, there's a 50-50 chance the dispel will go off first and (assuming it's successful) the new global will take the free slot. If the dispel doesn't go off first there's still a 20% chance it'll try to overpower CW. Now, what do you do as Pangea? You took a N/D pretender because you had to to cast CW, so you've not got a strong astral one and no astral mages, you can't dispel anything. What do you do at that point as Pangea? Dump all your nature gems (guess you've been stockpiling against this day and thus not spending any nature gems) in an effort to overpower one of the globals? What do you do at that point when 5 nations kick in pearls to dispel it again? It's not at all a stretch to see this happening if you're looking like you're going to be in a position to win, and it's not all that unlikely if you're just fighting a war with the wrong nation. Dumping blood slaves into the two blood globals is a pretty common way to bump off other globals, if somebody does nothing at all but supercharge Looming Hell with their blood economy you've got a 20% chance of being royally screwed.