Thread: Carrion Woods
View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:59 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Carrion Woods

Speaking from experience, CW is hard to dispel because Pan is awash in Nature gems (usually has Mother Oak up as well by the time anyone can even think of dispelling it plus CW generates gems itself) and people aren't too sure/worried what Carrion Woods is doing. I think we banded together and dispelled one of Cleveland's globals only to have it go up right away, then gave up. While you can always imagine situations where players band together to dispel globals, I think CW is one likely to stand. Only the guy fighting Pan will really cry about it....

Of course, Baalz, if you write a guide and scare everybody, then maybe it will be a high priority dispel target

I have yet to see a primarily undead nation win a game, even with LA Ermor. It seems to me that while all strategies have counters, masses of low HP undead are particularly susceptible to being controled, mastered, stoned, solar rayed, banished, and generally dissed. Ultimately Undead Mastery seemed to be the bane of CW Pangea in our game. All those cute little mannikins so lovingly cultivated were too much to resist It the got down to who had the first attack advantage to cast undead mastery and follow up with Antimagic to be the master of the mannikin horde.

Thanks for reminding me about the Tart regeneration Cleve. Very nice. Oh I think you meant to say Conjuration in that last line about Fairy Queens...