Thread: Map Height Maps
View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2020, 10:02 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Height Maps

I sent Tuomas a PM when this issue was first observed but I have not heard back from him.

For now, best practice is to enter co-ordinated then when the white screen loads press M then you will see the C (combined) or S satellite view and you can move the map to where you want it. I find that once in the satellite view it's still quite useable BUT........ you will probably have to zoom the map all the way out before it will "catch" and then you can zoom in to where you have centred it so if you press + to centre the grid the screen may go white again........if it does keep zooming out until the map re-appears then zoom back in.......it can be a PITA but with practice, it gets less so.

Just know that you may have to really spin the wheel on your mouse to get the " full out" view before the map re-appears OR....sometimes all you need to do is keep pressing the M-C-S button to get things back. The "secret" right now is to get into the Satelite map to really see where you are

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; January 31st, 2020 at 10:23 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: