View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:55 AM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Italy vs. GB - North Africa 6/40

Turn 20

Alpha is starting to dissolved under the fire from enemy tanks. There is little they can do right now other than try to stay out of the line of sight. ATGs are trying to help from the plateau, but the only tanks they can kill are A10s and that isn't even working right now. AP ammo running low.

Trying to regroup Bravo. Infantry isn't in bad shape, but I lost three more tanks. Scurring out of the artillery impact zone, combined with clearing smoke put them in the LOS of one enemy Matilda II. It capped all three. Four enemy tanks moved southwest out of the cluster. Mortar fire fell on the tanks still around the immobilized Matilda II with the usual effect, plink, plink, plink.

Enemy is trying to push infantry forward south of the burning column, but got thrown back hard since my tanks here have nothing else to shoot at. There are still some hanging around, but the major concern are the tanks moving toward Charlie from Bravo's sector. Light mortars dropped around enemy infantry, but was basically off.

I'm starting a major push against the enemy down south. Delta held their line since they are the blocking force right now. Echo, Foxtrot and engineers are pushing forward, supported by tanks. I want to get to those Matilda IIs. A couple are running for some reason near the salient, but the three forward of Delta are still holding. Echo and a few engineers are about at knife fighting range. One engineer squad did get a Matilda I. This turn, Delta will come out of their gully to soak off fire while Echo swarms. British infantry is around, but to the rear of the tanks and in tatters. The strongest group is clustered just east of the engineer wadi. Foxtrot is moving that way and trying to deal with enemy tanks around the salient. They soak off fire, while a platoon of tanks engage targets. This process took out another Matilda I. Armored cars trying to cut off retreating infantry are taking AA gun fire from the rear. One got hit, so both will have to duck behind dust trails and run. I shifted my mortars to go after infantry because mine are getting too close to the enemy tanks.

Casualties

Friendly: 3xM11/39 tank destroyed. Estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: 2xMatilda I tanks destroyed. Estimated 20 casualties.