View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2007, 07:28 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default The Anubite

I've just finished my first ever sprite-from-scratch. It's an Anubite - a servant of the ancient, long-banished god Anubis. I decided to add some units of a general Egyptian mythology theme, departing somewhat from the GW army list. The Anubite is a jackal-man carved from black granite (this is a little different from other Anubite myths - I made it up, based on a mis-recollection of the Anubites in Age of Mythology). When Anubis was banished they fell silent - now they are awoken to serve the new god. They are powerful and agile soldiers, and close the distance with their enemies quickly in leaps and bounds.

I'm reasonably pleased with the sprite. I think it looks a bit gawky, but can't quite put my finger on why. Still I think it is fairly nice.

I'll attach a sequence showing the steps he went through, just because I think it's interesting and you might too. Man, looking back on the early stages is hideous!
Attached Images
File Type: png 537994-AnubiteEv.png (194.1 KB, 388 views)
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs