View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2004, 07:28 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: JAVA programmer? (and Win-DomMap, and some GIMP)

Quote:
Originally posted by Leif_-:
quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf Parker:
But the EASIEST thing Ive found is a blur.
You might want to look at adding a bump-map to that as well. (To do that manually in Gimp copy the original map to a new layer, and create an additional empty layer. Fill the empty layer with plasma (Filter -> Render -> Clouds -> Plasma), then select the copy of the map, blur it and choose Filter -> Map -> Bump Map and use the plasma layer as the bump map.)

Next, select by colour to select the borders and capital-dots on the original map and cut these parts away from the copy. Delete the plasma map.)

WOw I didnt follow that at all. There are some GIMP threads here that you might want to look at. Click on "search" in the upper right of this forum. I think GIMP in the titles of the threads will get you a short list.

I have a few steps that will do it in GIMP quite nicely. And one of the people here even made a scheme script-fu of it for me. But I still havent gotten it to work in a batch mode which is what Im really wanting.

If anyone is REALLY into GIMP Id rather see someone tackle the map generators that are in gimp already.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)