View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:40 AM

Private

Galantrue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: US Mobile Air Corps

Morning!

The battle is really starting to heat up as a group of 3 Ch'onma-Ho Ma MBT moved between the Northern/Central group and the southern group. I had just finished capturing the central V-Hexs with the Mech Inf and their APCs had dug in south of those hexes with an easy sight line on the road leading from the bridge battle. I was extremely lucky as the Javelin APC managed to knock out one MBT, and immobilize another. By then I had one AH-66 reloaded and it came running, quickly knocking out the other MBT and destroying the damaged one. The northern V-Hex was again assualted by infantry. This was a tougher fight as either by accident or design, their troops used the burning wrecks from the first assualt to move up closer to my troops. Heavy fighting saw me still victorious with minor losses and the enemy driven off. His off map artillery for some unknown reason pounded a group of buildings where my HQ was stationed. I hadn't fired from that area, none of his troops had LOS, and he still used 5 batteries to pound the area. The southern attack against my Rifle platoons has gone so badly for him that I decided to go ahead and send 3 squads forward to seize the V-hexs. If they succeed that would give me control of all three groups and hopefully end the battle. Not that I'm afraid of losing, but he can't have that many more units. All of my planes are out of ammo, with the last couple of passes being strafing runs. My MLRS on map are being reloaded by a couple of ammo trucks and I will use them on any enemy troop concentrations.