View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2018, 01:32 AM

Private

raginis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Iraqi Lost Legion - generated campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Bazooka/RPG/LAW.

Remember teams are 2-man, size 0, thus harder to hit then squads which are size 1.
I am using a few RPG sections, but also a RR section - the RR has better range, better accuracy, slightly better penetration (though lower warhead size than the biggest RPG), and still clocks in at size 0. But, realistically, against Challengers/Abrams, my main concern is keeping these small teams alive. Actually getting a rear shot against a tank is a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
Now, you could arm your scouts with infantry ATs so if an enemy vehicle is within 1 hex, they'd have a good chance of scoring a kill.
Honestly, even having these scouts feels like going against the theme. I want the Peoples Army units to do most of the work, including the work of drawing fire to "scout" enemy positions. Having these three dedicated scout sections is enough - with AT weapons, they may turn into absolute killers, much as the Mountain platoon already has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp View Post
Other option edit your OOB to add one of the above weapons to your forces so do carry over to other battles.
You could then upgrade say one unit per platoon to have the AT weapon.
Could use same idea to give the odd unit an extra weapon if you wanted like a shotgun that they have picked up on their travels. Or one of the enemies LMG give it 30 ammo rather than the full amount if you like.
These are awesome ideas. I have never edited the OOB, but for purposes of this campaign, I could add some captured weapons, especially the British high-accuracy guns, and only sparingly include them - for example, each Peoples Army unit that reaches veteran status gets to upgrade its weapons to superior captured ones. The Peoples Army squads will end up far less homogeneous, but that's to be expected in this type of campaign.