View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM

Private

JCrowe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Request for more cooperation in order to improve the game

Sorry Dude - I think the patient flatlined after v1.09 and we've been pounding on the chest of a dead man for months.

1.) The game started way flawed, and was only improved a little bit after considerable correspondence and wrangling.

If Aaron had played his own game, most of these issues should have been as self-evident to him as they were to us. He either played it and did not care, or did not play and did not care when alerts can flooding in. One of his own beta testers called him out in this forum with a list of issues that nearly mirrored our own submissions, tit for tat.

2.) When we began to squawk about game flaws, he solicited suggestions - but didn't give us directions.

It wasn't until ... six? seven months? after release and tons of correspondence later that he bothered to tell anyone that "oh, by the way, if the problem is not described in this exact format with this exact support, I'm going to crumple it up, toss in the wastebasket, and set it on fire. And I'll use natural functions to extinguish the flames."

But again, it all seems rather disingenuous. Because if 40 customers complain that the AI is not reacting, or just bum-rushes in combat, or dancing in a circle while wearing a set of bananas tied to its ears, then format or no format, it's not too much to assume that the average person might find that reason enough to investigate. That a problem might exist. And even if you don't trust the description and stories you're getting from the front, it takes all of two hours to play the game and find out for yourself, firsthand.

At the very least, you might go ahead and tell the customers that their 'insight' is cute, but it has to be in X format in order for you to act. I mean, if you demand that I dance in a circle with bananas tied to my ears while chanting my problems to the grooves of Brittany Spears, then why not send my email back with a note saying, "here's the dance, get started if you're serious." ? Why wait until HALF A YEAR of total radio silence has passed before even bringing it up in 'casual' conversation?

3.) I will die one day.

Honestly. It will happen. It's the inevitable consquence of life, like taxes, cancer, and abject humiliation. So the info about the development and patch cycles at Malf or etc. are cute, but really - what are we waiting for? World Supremacy 2015? Will this game actually get fixed before they plant me in my grave? Will WS be a joy and a pleasure I bequeath to my great-grandchildren? A moment of solace in a world now ruled by dirty, gun-toting apes and indignant leading men with hot, speechless babes? Will WS be the 'next big thing' amongst the Morlocks, or just another curiosity to the giant crabs living under the great pale sun? Time waits for no man.

That includes certain developers.

If Malf is serious, or if they get serious, I'm sure we'll know. To date, they haven't, and they ain't.

Right now, Malf is the one that needs to step up.
The Following User Says Thank You to JCrowe For This Useful Post: