View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2008, 08:42 AM

BANNED USER

Edratman2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: magic modding question

Quote:
Aezeal said:
I've got 2 new options

1. would it be possible to make a spell that creates a magicsite (a magic site that would normally be your cap-only magic site), which produces your cap only units? That would really be a reason to take the pretender that has the ability to cast that spell.

2. Or (on the same thingie) not as spell but to have a cap only magic site (the one which will create your important units) that doesn't show up to start with but that could only be found by a holy 6 mage/priest (which would be what your pretender has to do on his first turn?)

I've been trying to figure out some way to do something along the same lines. The best concept (never been tried yet) that I've been able to come up with is to make a spell that summons a zero MP unit (I'm thinking of calling it an altar). This unit would then have the ability to summon the secondary unit that I am really interested in recruiting (sic) away from my capital.

Probably not a balanced concept. But I plan to get around to trying it on my upcoming flight to Hawaii. (Eat your hearts out. I've got inside info that the climate in Hawaii is slightly better than that of Sweden.)