View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2004, 09:37 PM

Sergeant

CharonJr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noob\'s shot at an R\'lyeh AAR

Turn 48

6 blood slaves were captured in Gol Phalas, another 6 in Kolermegor and 4 in Dunheim.

Acashic Record cast on Ermithia revealed 1 magic site – Mineral Cave (+1 earth gems).

A King of Elemental Fire, a Treelord, a Queen of Elemental Air, a Tartarian Titan (no leader, afflictions: never healing wound and diseased), 3 Vine Ogres and 20 Foul Spawn were summoned this turn.

Ressources have been increased by 10 in Old Man Mountains.

Devourer, Silvania, Holoma, Yellow Mountains, Gol Amrod, Laria, Recenna and Dust Fens were taken without any serious resistance.

Nicia and Forest of Ildun were defended vs attacks from low numbers of enemies.

Meges attacked 15 crossbowmen and 6 Black Plate Infantry led by a Master Smith and a priest in Giant’s Rest. After casting Invulnerability and Summon Earth Power Meges charged the enemy. The Black Plate Infantry was routed by Meges Fear Aura (+5 fear) and after reaching the crossbowmen those routed, too.

Glisas and the small barbarian army (10) were met by 40 longbowmen, 20 militias and 5 crossbowmen in Kark. Sadly Glisas routed (despite 30 morale) after the barbarians were broken/killed while only being able to kill 5 longbowmen.

Ulm was defended by 30 crossbowmen and 10 Infantry of Ulm led by a priest and a Commander of Ulm. My forces consisted of 5 knights, 6 Vine Ogres and about 10 fodder. 4 Infantry of Ulm were enslaved and attacked their former friends while my 5 knights charged the crossbowmen. The crossbowmen fought bravely killing all but 2 knights and 2 Vine Ogres before routing.

Provinces: 80
Treasury: 2.258
Income: 3.887
Upkeep: 1.925
RP: 545
Fortification: 9
Temple: 17
Converted Provinces: 37

Conjuration – 9
Alteration – 9
Evocation – 6
Construction – 8
Enchantment – 7
Thaumaturgy – 7 (researching,will reach 8)
Blood Magic – 7

Fire gems: 90 (+18)
Air: 39 (+15)
Water gems: 39 (+22)
Earth: 9 (+9)
Astral gems: 1 (+23/+18)
Death: 0 (+11)
Nature: 40 (+12)
Blood: 9 (+1)

Updated province information:

Man, Dust River and Dust Hills are each defended by 50+ longbowmen, making it very challenging to attack them. I should have build some Staffs of Storm earlier...

My Provinces:

Due to the info about my provinces getting longer and longer I will skip this one, too.

Mainly I reduce taxes by 10% for each 5 points of unrest/raise them again when unrest is going down.

The Golden Adept is 2F, 2A, 1D and will research, another one will be recruited.

I got a 1W, 4S, 1N mage who will get a Sceptre of Authority and will lead 29 Illithids to C’tis – recruiting 1 more.

The Lore Master turned out to be 2F, 1A, 1B who will research – recruiting 1 more.

3 More Vine Ogres will be summoned for 1 nature gem in Kolermegor.

Acashic Records will be cast for 25 astral gems on Silvania.

The Skull Staff (+1D) is given to my 1W, 3S, 2D mage who will summon Pale Riders for 10 death gems.

A Starshine Skullcap (+1S) is given to a 3S mage in Gol Phalas who will continue with his 10 Vine Ogres towards the northern front to Gol Ryepe.

A Starshine Skullcap (+1S) and a Sceptre of Authority (+25 leadership) are given to a 3S mage in R’lyeh who will move to Kolermegor to pick up some more Vine Ogres while another identically equiped 3S mage will move to pick up the summons in Tiash.

The Robe of the Sea (+1W) is given to my 5(6)W mage in Tiash who will forge a Water Bracelet (+1W) for 1 water gem.

The King of Flames from Tiash will move to Hoburgdorf while the Queen of Elemental Air will move to Gol Ryepe.

The 3F Adept moves from Aran Plain to Dunheim with the other 3F Adept moves from Birman Hights to Aran Plain.

My mage led army from Silvania will move to Faran in order to attack Kark next and defend Faran now.

The 2 fodder armies will move from Holoma to Gol Amrod while my mage led army with 8 Illithid Soldiers will attack the lightly defended province of Ryd from Gol Amrod.

The armies led by the Sea Troll King and a mage supported my a starspwan priest will move from Laria to Dust Fens, getting into position to attack Man’s capital and protecting Dust Fens for now and as additional defense the PD is raised to 10.

The mage led army in Dust Fens (2 Greater Otherness, 2 Sea Trolls and 3 Jotuns in one squad, 6 riders in the other one) will try to attack roughly 60 longbowmen/longspears in Dust River, possibly getting severely beaten. Man would have been the more interesting target, but with 25+ PDs in addition to 60 longbowmen I would like some additional troops. I have to hope that Dust River is not heavily defended by PDs. Glisas will support the attack.

The fodder army from Nifel will move to Bolfagon, the mage led army from Moss Woods to Stone Heavens and 1 commander will be recruited in Jotunheim to attack Kark next turn (and defend the provinces into which they are moving).

My 3 mage led armies (mainly 7 Greater Otherness, 4 Otherness, 11 Illithids and 10 fodder) from Recenna will try to take Dust Hills which is defended by roughly 130 militias, longbowmen, light cavaleries, flagellants and spearmen.

PD in Yellow Mountains will be raised to 10, but I doubt I will be able to defend the province if Atlantis launches a determined attack. Meges will move here in order to try to defend the province.

Wailwind Waters is defended by roughly 20 Atlantean spearmen and Ichtyids and hopefully my commander leading 14 Illithid Soldiers will be enough to beat them.

The commander in Witches Copse fetched 17 fodder and will move to support the siege in Nicia.

The commander in The Two Woods picks up a lone knight and will move to Nicia, too.

My heavy mage led army in Devourer will attack the barely defended province of Depth of Dago.

A small fodder army moves from Gol Ryepe to Glimmering Field.

Sadly I lack the nature gems to cast Gift of Reason on my new Titan, but will do so on the next turn, but in order to test the Treelord’s Vine Ogre summoning ability (he has a bonus there) I will summon some Vine Ogres with him.

Tartarian Gate will be cast once again for 10 death gems in addition to summoning another King of Flames for 50 fire gems.

1 Blood Thorn (+1B) is forged to get another mage high enough in blood to hunt for blood slaves in addition a Sword of Swiftness (2 attacks) for 4 water gems and 4 Clams of Pearl for 16 water gems.

27 Illithids will be recruited in R’lyeh.

To be continued...

CharonJr

Map: http://homes.highspeed3.de/CharonJr/R'lyehAART48.JPG