View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2005, 11:20 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mods - Version 3.0

Quote:
Jurri said:
Hey, it would be really cool if you got more members of the third tier! It's not like you'd get too many in any case, what with the forced misfortune and all. The description change would be appropriate as things stand.

The Caelum thing: Seeing how ice is the very guiding element of the theme, and water is the path for ice, I'd think water magic rather essential for them. With spell casting encumberance at 12, as it's now, quickness isn't too good no matter what spell you spam. I never played Caelum, but the little bit of versatility that water gives looks rather important to enjoy using it. You could always remove the body slot to prevent switching to something more economical, as well as making them suspectible to lightning (is that possible?) to reduce their usefulness in wrathing purposes. (They need to carry lightning rods to balance themselves when flying or something ) Not that wrathing is a problem with so restrictive a path requirement. Heck, I'd almost rather see them dropped to A1W1 than losing the water... I might be in a minority, though, so maybe I'll just shut up. (But c'mon a glorified illusionist!)

Why not change the weapon to demonic gaze, then? That would be more plausible to me. Or something obscure, like 'demonic juggle' or 'demonic trick.' Is there a special reason for staying with laughter?
Well, I consider the ability to throw lightning bolts more important thematicly than a point of water. And they are not just glorified illusionists, flying mages are very rare and always useful. It is not like they can no longer use water magic, the high seraph is actually on average a better water mage than before due to the elemental random. I understand I can never fit everyone's opinion of thematicness, but if I hear more compliants along these same lines from others I will probably try to find another way.

The same goes for the demonic laughter, it seems the best way to me, but if other people have a problem with it, I may change it.