View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2017, 04:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Problems with the current Russian OOB (#11).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crueldwarf View Post

Also I plan to move BTR-50s into heavy APC unit class (it already have some BTR-152s)
The OOB already has a BTR-50 as a heavy APC along with a BTR-152. But right now it's just the open topped model, but there may be other changes that can be done. The other question is was how was it originally determined which troops used each APC. Where they 13 man sections with support elements or two smaller sections that used one transport. The basics have to be sorted out before any other changes can be made but a quick glance seems to indicate this is doable without upsetting the balance in the existing OOB and that is the main goal. I may be able to adjust this and gain a spare unit slot but I need to know how the troops were packed into this thing. There are only two formations that use the BTR-50's as UC 25 and if the three versions of the BTR-50 that are in that class ( 329, 330, 331 ) are changed to UC 120 that keeps the AI picklist happy and nothing needs to be changed in regards to AI picks and that isolated the heavy BTR-50's from the smaller BMP's and that allows me to eventually remove unit 885 as redundant

Last edited by DRG; March 15th, 2017 at 04:44 PM..