View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2001, 02:48 AM

National Security Advisor

geoschmo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: War....

quote:
I asked him if England had a right to carpet bomb Northern Ireland or Ireland after a car bomb.

Know what the guy said.

Well that's different.

How I asked.

He would not answer.

That's too bad.

I can give you hundreds of reasons why this is different. In the next few days and weeks I will be able to give you thousands, God forbid possibly tens of thousands of reasons why this is different.

This is not a simple act of terroism.
This is not a lunatic car bomb in market in Dublin.
This is not a lunatic with dynamite strapped to his body blowing up a bus in Tele Viv.
This is not a lunatic with a machine gun in Gaza.
This is not a lunatic with a truck full of fertalizer in Oklahoma City.

This was a well planed, well financed, well thought out attack.

It is not simply sabre rattling to say this is an act of war. It's a different kind of war to be sure, but it is a war nonetheless.

If a nation, any nation, can be shown to have been involved in this, even indirectly by simply allowing those guilty freedom of movement and the ability to train, then that nation can be, MUST be held responsible. Eqully responsible to those that took an active part in the actions.

Random bombing, no. But if it takes carpet bombing, if it takes battalions of soldiers, if it takes many mnay deaths, even the deaths of US soldiers, this cannot be allowed to stand.

The only way to prevent these acts is to make those responisble, even indirectly pay such a high price for their actions that others in the future will see the futility of these kinds of things.

Geoschmo