View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2009, 04:09 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Link WW2 Link

Look at the tanks belonging to all armies in South America most are on a par with each other, they are highly unlikely to be facing MBT of the European variety though I think some older ones have filtered through. Same tends to hold for most places there might be one army thats streets ahead but the rest are a fairly even playingfield. Greece & Turkey are well armed because of the friction, so is Korea Israel etc so they spend as much as the economy can handle.
I am currently doing a Brazil Argentina 81 I think & to put things in perspective both sides have Shermans (upgraded slightly) as MBTs, I have access to 1 better tank but my force is not lucky enough to be equiped with it. The light tanks are as good but the best armoured vehicles are Armoured Cars so I have 3 with laser FC no less.
So all the armoured vehicles have armour below 10 most more like half that & a 38 pen HEAT gun is the norm. Its like playing WW2 except if you hit something it goes bang straight off, also RPGs are a nightmare & I have 2 ATGMs. Amusingly one of my 3 Mech Companies is in there best APCs & have discovered they are tank killers to flank shots, the other guys are in halftracks. Also strangely I have MANPADS with an EW of 6, thats very good even by present day standards.
The other reason for poor tanks is most of its not exactly tank country but we are having good fun playing it.