View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2006, 11:53 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help with Pbem

Quote:
twynn said:
thanks, my buddy sent me the 2 files and i put them in my pbem directory. but how do i start the game. their is nothing where i would usually load a game. and when i go to the pbem files the files are there but when i click them i just get the message saying how would you like to open these files..
OK I assume he sent them zipped and you have extracted them to the "PBEM Games" folder and there are now two files in that folder. ........ a "CMT" and a "DAT" file.

Yes?

I am also assuming you are playing a SECURE PBEM as they are the only ones you put into the "PBEM Games" folder

Now start up your game and click on "Save games" once.

It will now change to "PBEM Games" and you should see the game your opponent sent you. Click on it and go from there

If you DO NOT see the game and you KNOW it's in the corect folder check the slot number it was put into. If your opponent has a CD version of the game he has 250 slots and if you have the DL version you only get five and if he's put the game in a slot higher than 5 you won't see it and if that's the case you'll need to start again as you CANNOT simply rename the slot numbers

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....