View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2005, 01:34 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Thermodyne is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Wow is all I can say...

Quote:
Raging Deadstar said:
Thermodyne, Ever considered a position in Politics?

You almost made me feel sympathy for Microsoft, Well, Almost. Close, but No Cigar
Me? No way. But my grandfather was a lawyer, judge, and politician, so perhaps I inherited some of his gift for rhetoric.

The intent was not to make you like MS. I wanted to try to make you take a long look at the position of hating them. Many people just pile on the band wagon, repeat the key points when queried, and never make an informed independent judgment of the position they have taken. If we are going to hate them because of their success, or as many say “greed”, shouldn’t we hate the whole NBA? Most of baseball and the NFL? Every major movie star? They all do more or less the same thing, they all estimate what the market can withstand, then ask for just a little more. There are many better reasons to take a stand against MS and other massive semi monopolies. The way they influence American politics is a pet peeve of mine. But personally, I think it is better to take a position in support of something. Instead of just trying to tear something down, why not use the energy to build something better, and then let nature take its course. If what you create is truly better, it will displace that which you don’t like. Personally, I choose to use MS for my own financial fulfillment, and take every opportunity to offer my influence as to the products that they provide.

Think about it