National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A0 as Aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
When I take a look at the code this winter I think I will have a look at whatever is selecting the cursor - there may be a simple way to get it to advance on to an on-map unit (if there is one!).
Would this include not having units that fled off map, then rallied, showing up as you N through your force? (ie RTB Helos)
The problem I had was that it selected the next unit after A0, since A0 was off-map. But that unit was an off-map unit (reinforcement). Sine there were no visible friendly units, it was not until I either pressed N, or examined the map more closely that I realised that there were actually some friendlies to play with !

I need to look at the code that is selecting units, and ensure it is an actual on-map unit of some sort. (the N key does this correctly - so it is probably the routine that sets the initial unit cursor that is (probably) not skipping past any allowed unit type that happens to be a reinforcement). Once that is done, even if say BB0 was the only currently on-map lowest indexed unit then at least the player would have the initial map on a turn centred on BB0, not on the top left with no friendlies in sight (as was the case here - the friendlies were deep South of the top right edge). It'll use the top left since anyone off map is at -1,_1 internally (the reason the original SSI game sometimes had fire-fights between "off-map" units since their code did not correctly check for off-mapness and all units that are so of both sides, live at that hex location.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: