View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:11 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bogarus Quick Guide

If you manage to have Will of the Fates and Army of Gold both up, you can survive a rain of stones. So Alteration 9 should be a high priority for the mid game.

Otherwise, my advice is to cultivate an attitude of extreme serenity regarding the savage casualties that can be inflicted on you.

Combine this serenity with the resolve to avoid being predictable. If you know T'ien Ch'i might try to pop a rain of stones, send in a moderate force of skirmishers to see if you can flush him out.

If he does it by cloud trapezing in the spellcaster, there isn't much you can do about it; the leaders of the communion should probably have modest armor. You ought to be ahead in research, anyway. If you aren't ahead in research as Bogarus you're toast.

Vedelkenbear - that second point of blood magic makes a very big difference in efficiency, but with the unrest penalty I suppose it's about a wash. The angel is *cooler*, however.

That second point of blood magic makes a big difference on a blood hunter.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe