View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2006, 03:14 PM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Attempting to improve the AI for Proportions 3

Wow, it's been a long time since the last time I posted a Proportions update! I've been way too busy...

Ok, there is a beta version of 3.0.6 posted here:
http://www.latibulum.com/pvk/proport...3.0.6.beta.zip

The Q-ships should be tested in a game with two human-controlled players. Using High Starting Tech and a very small map would be easiest. The effect should be that if player A builds a regular transport and a Q-ship of the same size, another human player should have no way at all to tell that the Q-ship is not a regular transport, until/unless he scans or encounters that ship class.

The probes should just be lame drones available on turn 1 even in a Low Starting Tech game.

Thanks for the offer of testing, ironmanbc!

Dogscoff:

* To avoid making each version of the mod large with the same graphics in each version, I guess I'll continue as I have and not include the whole prop response pack in the mod, but I would like to include the neutral/default/generic images from the response pack, so it helps shipsets that lack all the unit types used in Proportions. So if you could let me know if there are any new ones of those not in 3.0.6 yet, that'd be great. I.e., in Pictures/RaceGeneric I now have Barge, Infantry, LargeStarliner, ResourceShip, ResourceStation, Starliner, TroopHuge, and WorldShip.

* AI is probably better off not trying to use fighters until 3.0.7 I think.

* Colonizing Neutral AI sounds good though. Would you email it to me?

PvK