View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:44 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An Introductory Guide to the Lizardmen Mod

There's no doubt that the slann are the centerpiece of the nation. It's just that, there's so much that they can do the list covers almost every spell in the manual. I didn't want to point out individually everything they could do of worth, so I didn't go too much into that. If you have any particularly sneaky or nasty combinations in mind though, you can feel free to point them out. I'm not sure I would want to use the communion priests as a meat shield. You could do it, but I've found that trying to use communions that way builds an awful lot of fatigue, leading to the eventual death of the communion. If you wanted to do that though you could set your normal troops to guard commander and let them sit on top of your priests to dilute incoming attacks. But all in all I would avoid it as much as possible. That said, you can put enough buffs on your skink priests for them to survive just about any spell you can think of. The main thing you're going to have to watch out for with the lizardmen is enemy SCs, and assassins targeting your slann.

You completely can play Itza without a bless, you will just be very hard-pressed to expand as quickly as you can with their excellent sacreds. If you're going to use saurus oldbloods early on, you're going to be really hurting for magic research for a while, between expensive forts and the somewhat slow research of your national mages. You would probably want to take an awake or at the very worst dormant rainbow pretender to help get your research flowing. Otherwise you will probably have trouble once midgame rolls around and your magic is far behind the curve. I haven't really experimented with expanding with them though, so I won't say it won't work I'll try playing with it a bit.