View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:07 PM

Corporal

rfisher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My case for can Venezuela get in before 2020?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Hugo Chavez is a loose cannon and with him building a missile base capable of launching Iranian missiles that can reach S. Florida and getting a nuke reactor also from them (And I believe the first nuke power on the continent.) it makes for an interesting situation.
Oooh, it seems a bit harsh calling the chap a loose cannon, just for trying to defend his country. The guy does seem to be slowly turning a little bit bonkers, but you can hardly blame him. The stress of living in the shadow of a country that has for decades been meddling in the affairs of his and his neighbours countries must be enormous. And by meddling I mean the sort of meddling that costs a lot of lives.

I'm sure at some point, he will finally crack-up completely and try and install himself as a dictator (he's laid the ground work already by eliminating rules about how many times he can be re-elected) but so far, he's not actually done anything wrong (or at least not by the standards set by any other country). Even those missiles aren't built yet, let alone launched. And why would he lauch them at Florida? Is Disney World a significant strategic target? Will America fall if the Cinderella Castle falls? I suspect not.
As for now, I kind of warm to his attempts to not play by the rules of the local tough-guy.

Sorry for that chaps, but sometimes these forums need a little bit of bleeding-heart liberal.

Humble apologies.