Thread: Mod Worthy Heroes 1.8
View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2010, 05:36 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Worthy Heroes 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post

Mjolnir is a metaphor, in that particular aspect for lightning, and its impact is thunder. The Titan pretender throws lightning bolts = Mjolnir. Just because its listed as lightning instead of a hammer takes nothing away from it - we've merely deconstructed the metaphor. (Kind of necessary since there are lots of Thor equivalents, none of whom use a hammer as a metaphor for lightning. Eg, Zeus).

I grant there are no goats pulling a chariot. Imagine that as his own personal air ship or something, so you'd have to forge it for him. Or perhaps that's his version of casting flight on himself.

A generalized pretender idea will never meet all the specifics in their specific aspect for a given mythological figure who exemplifies that type. But with a little imagination all the essential bits will be found, even if it requires deconstructing the metaphors built into the myth.
Oh, wow. I've bethered by the lack of Thor since Dom:PPP, but all these years all I needed to do was to take the titan dressed in a *toga*, and just have incredible suspension of disbelief to pretend that the dude on my computer screen that has *none* of the iconic trappings of Thor would be Thor. Oh, silly me.

But hey, if you have the mental capacity for that kind selective percepition, that's just more power to you.

Anyways, in this kind of pointless since I already agreed on that havng them as pretenders would be a bad idea.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burnsaber For This Useful Post: