View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

Stavis_L is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mistica: A Magocratic Police State (LE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post

The thing is, he can expand into independents very well. The indy troops cannot deal with 20 prot dude that has over 250+ hp (since he spreads his own dominion, he fights in it quite often). Also the high awe makes it really cheap to buy him awe, which makes him even more indestructible. That's quite a big advantage over Oracle.

Another thing that makes him a excellent expansionist is that he is safe. Some pretenders can get really owned by random indy mages or knights and the like. Not Juggernaut, he just does not care if some damage comes through, it's not like he can get any crippling afflictions (like Chest Wound, arm loss and the like).

I was able to buy him S4, dom9 and still get 6 positive scales. That's probably the cheapest expansion pretender in the history of dom3. Since you don't need a rainbow or a bless, I find that going for the Juggernaut is a bit of no-brainer at the moment. Also, I think he could use some other weapon than fist, it seems really odd.
Heh - believe it or not, I hadn't considered it as an expansion pretender, but rather as a scales chassis...I'll have to think how best to handle that; while I can definitely see it being more or less impenetrable, effectiveness at actually killing anything else seemed questionable. Do the units just run up and jump underneath it to be trampled?

Since it's a special unique unit vs. your run of the mill Juggernaut, some modification vs. the "baseline" is probably in order...perhaps extra gold ornamentation has rendered so heavy that it's no longer mobile. Or a Michaelangelo equivalent has added super-fine detail that is less resistant to damage...

As for the fist weapon, that's from the base Juggernaut unit. I guess it's the facing statue punching :-) That could probably use replacing (on the base unit too, I suppose, although that's kind of out of scope for this mod.) Perhaps "Crush" (since it's basically rolling over opponents.)
Brainless Soulless - a fix for Life after Death/Ankh "exploit", Bogarus Scout Fix