Thread: Guide Mastering a Game
View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2010, 12:27 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mastering a Game

During these few days, I have updated the guide with some more paragraphs, mostly in the tips section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDiCesare View Post
One thing which I'd find interesting if GM'ing a game would be to allow the players some ways to f.e. enhance their own troops. I'm pretty sure you can change some things in a mod after the game has started, like turning a weak unit into an average one or altering recruitment costs or the like.
The problem with this is that costs must be in the mod used by the players. Stats would be nice too, but are probably not as necessary. Still, it could cause problems if the game was hosted on llamaserver for instance, as it may not be easy to alter the files remotely. I also believe dom may have to be restarted in order to reload the mod, but I'm not certain.
Yeah, you can change the .dm file mid-game and alter the stats of units mid-game. However, I have no clue if it can work in a MP. If you ever test on this, let me know.

On other news, I'll do a bit bug-fixing for the map used for LO_II and post it here. I designed it with the goal of being used in a GM'd game, so it should be a good tool for any aspiring GM's.