View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2020, 06:23 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Website problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by zovs66 View Post
What software would I have to install to block these types of attacks? Some kind of anti-virus software?
You should never try using the internet without at the very least anti-virus!

Most folks have anti-virus / security system (prevents phishing, keyloggers, attacks, trackers, etc) usually plus dedicated anti-banner, anti-ads, anti-pop up, etc software.

Internet security software is readily available (usually not for free) - applications like Kaspersky, Comodo, Avast, Norton, etc.

The extra stuff is often free and easy to obtain on line (especially for browsers such as Firefox), popular programs include:
AdBlock Plus, Privacy Badger, AdLock, Banner Blocker, Cyber Ghost, etc.

I find it incredible how many folks see so many adverts (down edge of Facebook, Banners across their searches, between posts on forums, popping up every they click on something, etc), when, with a few minutes setting stuff up properly - you don't see ANY of these! (I don't even see the shrapnel ads top right and left side of screen on the forum - noticeable on your, Zov's, screenshot in the general forum!)

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post: