View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2009, 01:59 PM

Private

Timothy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Exploits and bugs in WPP

Whenever I play by network, eventually the game will freeze with a similar situation. After anywhere from a half hour to an hour later (with everything working fine), the game locks one of us either on a battlescreen while the other jumps normally back to the tactical map. The only way to get out is to end the WPP game. The host player gets the message that the network is waiting for input or something like that. I am not sure why this happens and am wondering if this could be related to one of the above problems? The only network play that I have been involved in has been with this game to play against my son with both our home computers using the same home router. When the game freezes on both computers and the message says that it's waiting for a responce/input from the non-host player, both computers are still logged on and are able to use the internet (so I know it isn't a router problem). Since this is the first game that I have ever tried playing by network, is there anything you can recommend that I do differently to prevent this game from freezing/locking up?

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.